my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Michael Bailey Smith   » Michael on TV.   » My Name is Earl

Author Topic: My Name is Earl
Michael Bailey Smith
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted February 01, 2006 07:31 PM      Profile for Michael Bailey Smith   Email Michael Bailey Smith   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey!

Just to let everyone know, I just finished working on "My Name is Earl." It was a bit of stretch, as towards what I had to do.

You see, I played a skinhead, but the trick was that I'm a "singing" skinhead.

Yep, that's right. I sang on the show. I'm singing "Beauty School Dropout."

Thank God it's a comedy!

I don't know when it airs yet, but when I find out, I'll let you know.

Catch you later!

Michael

Drake
Member # 155

Rate Member
posted February 21, 2006 07:16 AM      Profile for Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Drake   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Michael they just love making you either be a skinhead or the bad guy dont they?! LOL Anyway it's all cool no matter what you are.

--------------------
"There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path." Morpheus (The Matrix)

Posts: 6 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Michael Bailey Smith
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted February 26, 2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Michael Bailey Smith   Email Michael Bailey Smith   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The key is to know that they're typecasting you. Then when you get enough recognition and pull, you can start doing other roles.

I've been writting a lot and just finished my 4th screenplay, which is going to get made. But I have another screenplay, that I wrote for me. It shows another side of me that I've only gotten to show a few times in my career. It will happen. It's down the road a bit, but it will happen.

In the mean type, I just gotta keep on doing it and building my name. That's the plan!

Michael

Drake
Member # 155

Rate Member
posted February 28, 2006 09:55 PM      Profile for Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Drake   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You just got to keep pushing on and working hard huh?

--------------------
"There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path." Morpheus (The Matrix)

daphne
Member # 146

Rate Member
posted March 12, 2006 04:47 AM      Profile for daphne   Author's Homepage   Email daphne   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am beginning to think that you should do more comedy, because this and that Malcolm in the Middle soccer coach role have been the ones that I wish I had taped more than anything else. And, that's bizarre. I can't wait to go to the movies tomorrow and see Hills, but you have a knack for comedy.

Which do you like best? Comedy or drama?

--------------------
The gene pool can use a little chlorine!

daphne

Posts: 9 | From: Yelm, Washington | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michael Bailey Smith
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted March 12, 2006 10:50 AM      Profile for Michael Bailey Smith   Email Michael Bailey Smith   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do like to make people laugh. I've always been kind of a goofball. Well... at least my wife and kids think so. But then I also like to do drama as well. I guess as long as I "move" people with my performance that's all that counts.

I'll be curious to see what you think about HILLS. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

Michael

Drake
Member # 155

Rate Member
posted April 04, 2006 11:00 PM      Profile for Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Drake   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually liked this version of Hills better than the original. It was more detailed and had alot better scenes. But what can you expect with both of them being from different times and eras.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage